The BCB is looking to hire an Incubator & Trade Manager, based in Dubai.
This role is temporary maternity cover for approximately 4-5 months, starting in November 2020. The applicant must already be resident in Dubai.
Since the BCB launched in 2013, we have supported more than 45 foreign companies setting up in Dubai helping them to become established & successful in the UAE & wider region. Earlier this year, we further improved the product & offer and are now poised for our next growth phase. The BCB is part of trade & foreign investment advisory firm OCO Global (www.ocoglobal.com).
The successful candidate will help us build on this trajectory, managing client relationships, leading business development efforts and putting in place quality & lasting structures that improve the ecosystem further. They will also be involved in our wider trade & export development work with the UK’s Department for International Trade and take on project roles with other clients too.
A high-quality candidate is sought for the position of Trade & Incubator Manager. This is a high profile & demanding position for the right individual who can develop trade in the sector, building a local network of partners & contacts, delivering trade support services to companies and assist in formulating a commercially viable long-term plan in the UAE.
This person will deliver all client-service related aspects of our incubator service in Dubai and a key role in delivering lead generation work in relation to acquiring incubator clients. Main responsibility will be product development and improving the Incubator offer by building out an ecosystem & transforming the offering into an effective platform for companies looking to enter the UAE as a potential export market.
Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, the candidate will be responsible for delivering services to companies within your assigned sectors and occasionally support in delivering projects from other sectors, as required.
The candidate will ensure that companies considering exporting their goods or services to the Middle East are provided with high-quality information and support to be able to make an informed judgement about whether the market is suitable for their company.
As part of OCO, the candidate will also be involved in projects providing investment and lead generation support, delivering representation services and trade projects for our global network of clients.
You will fulfil the following key functions:
- Collaborate with the team in the UAE to define and articulate a sector-specific plan and to develop strategies for achieving that vision.
- Develop and monitor strategies for ensuring the long-term financial viability of the sector work.
- Analyse and review the product offering relative to the needs of the market for SMEs; suggest & propose new services & revenue channels.
- Direct client support & representation on projects in the UAE and GCC; work with OCO team members on global clients for specific projects & contracts in the region.
- Business Development support: talking to potential incubator clients about the BCB through events/phone/email as needed. Providing business development support for the CEO, and the team.
- Client management: Providing support & advice throughout their tenure with the BCB to enable them to subsequently flourish. Implement and deliver the incubator aftercare programme.
- Relationship Management: working closely with the external stakeholder to ensure that the BCB and incubator’s licencing and visa process runs smoothly. Manage suppliers, contractors and partners.
- Marketing: working closely with the marketing manager to develop and execute a marketing strategy best suited to acquire incubator clients.
- Oversee the work & support for SMEs within assigned sector.
- Provide SMEs with verified quality support & advice.
- Research, author & edit bespoke projects and reports for clients.
- Arranging commercially relevant visits, meetings & introductions for firms coming to the UAE.
- Develop a network of key sector contacts & supporters to provide industry intelligence and commercial opportunities for clients.
- Support the Business Operations Manager in promoting the wider offer and provide back-up to other sectors as required
- Deliver marketing activities: attend trade shows & events; provide mission briefings to UK firms; develop social & online media interest; write articles; speak at conferences & webinars
- Work with partners to develop and service a sector-specific pipeline of commercial opportunities
- Build a commercially viable model for delivering advice & support in the sector
- Collaborate with OCO’s overseas offices to support their business development efforts, client interest and projects that require Middle East support.
You will possess the following skills, characteristics and background:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a business-related subject, required.
Background and Experience
- Extensive and broad business experience, including at least 5 years working in the UAE
- Extensive experience working in either a relevant business advisory, trade development organisation or consultancy
- Experience working for or with governmental bodies would be advantageous
- A successful business track record as evidenced by a consistent CV and demonstrable commercial performance indicators
- Planning and commercial experience
- Arabic language skills are an advantage.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Sector interest: demonstrable knowledge, experience & passion for the trade sector will be preferred
- Experience working in the fields of company formation, business centres, business councils & networks or trade support offices.
- Understanding of UAE regulatory environment, particularly business formation process and specific sector rules & requirements
- Extensive professional network in the UAE
- Ability to build and nurture relationships across multiple networks
- Comfortable working in a fast-growing business where the business environment is dynamic and subject to rapid change
- Capacity to multi-task and take on additional responsibilities as they emerge
- Passion for business, growing trade & providing client satisfaction
- Strong analytical skills and exemplary time management/organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially writing
- Discretion, demonstrating sound judgment in dealing with confidential dialogues and information.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with multiple external and internal stakeholders, including Government representatives generally, UAE governmental departments and representatives and, most importantly, the business community in the UAE & overseas
- Excellent commercial and financial management skills
- Presentation skills; must feel comfortable & appear accomplished in front of a large audience
- Must enjoy working in a hands-on, start-up environment
To apply, please send your CV, a cover letter and your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes on 2nd November 2020 at 11:59pm UAE.